This little guy finishes at 4" x 4" and uses up any of those favorite little scraps you have left behind from a project.
For this particular pincushion I used Amanda Jean's- Crazy Mom Quilts- new fabric line called Good Neighbors.
- scraps of material to make 1/2" strips
- 1 white square with measurements of 5"x5"
- 1 charm square (5" x 5") for the back of the pincushion.
1. Cut the white square into 4- 2 1/2" squares.
2. Cut scraps into strips with the width of 1/2" and with enough length to reach across diagonally from point to point of your 2 1/2" square.
4. Place a second strip directly on top of the first strip with wrong side facing up (and right sides together)
6. Press open with an iron.
7. Repeat on the second strip
11. Flip over your sewn block, and align your foundation block to 2 1/2" on the square ruler
17. With right sides together sew the two top squares to the two bottom squares to create a 4 1/2" block
**(What you put inside is up to you, you can do crushed clams, sand, seeds, and so forth. These are just a few options! I went with seeds.)
19. Hand stitch close your side opening.
Winner of our charm pack giveaway is:
We'll talk soon!